Sunday, January 6, 2013

"IRMA" First new doll for 2013!

"IRMA"

It's a been a crazy last few months but I finally have a new doll available in my Etsy store.  I spent a solid year training to run a half marathon and FINALLY did it in early December. I ran the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis and ran as a Hero helping to raise money for the kids at St. Jude. The training was intense and I ran myself right into the ground. I didn't have time for another thing and I missed making dolls but I was committed to do this for the kids of St. Jude and for myself. It was a life changing experience and I hope to do it again this year!
BUT in the meantime I am on hiatus from running and back to my doll table. This is my first new doll for 2013! Her name is "Irma" named after a sweet girl from France that allowed me to use her antique image of a little girl holding her dog to base my doll after.
I hope everyone has had a blessed New Year!

7 comments:

  1. Irma is gorgeous! Looks like a great start for the new year. ;)
    And oh my goodness, you were in memphis? That's where I live. :) That's wonderful you ran the St. Jude marathon! Such a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanna,
    My close friend has a baby with brain cancer and was at St. Jude for many months going thru chemotherapy...her baby is home now and cancer free. St. Jude is a wonderful place, and I admire you for your commitment to such a worthy cause.

    I absolutely love Irma she is beautiful. Did you sculpt the dog?

    Hope you have a wonderful New Year!!

    XOXO
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dessa Rae! I am so glad to read your friend's baby is doing well and home! Doing the St. Jude run was one of the most moving experiences of my life. When we ran through the hospital and some of the patients/children were standing outside to see us go by.. I broke out of the group and ran to the side and high fived them as I ran by. I think I cried more on that run than in my life as I ran by and read signs held up by parents with pictures of their kids in the hospital fighting for their lives. I hope to do it again this year!

    Thank you for your comments on my doll! Yes I did sculpt the dog. I was an animal sculpter long before I made dolls. I just never talk about it ;)

    I hope you too have a happy New Year!

    xoxo
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Joanna,

    First, thank you so much for your visit last week, I don't use facebook any longer, so will just drop you a note here to let you know I am thinking of you... You are so dear to run the St. Jude Marathon... St. Jude has done so much for these dear children, and I know they can use the support of us all..

    I just love Irma and her sweet dog.. You truly amaze me.. It is so good to see your work again.
    Love and blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanna....what can I say....you've started the new year in the best way ! Your dolls are beautiful as always .. but your Alice and her piggy .... is my favorite!Kiss from Sardinia..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Time is passing so quickly, here we are in spring already.. Just a note to send warms wishes your way. May your Easter be a joyful one.
    Love and blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Joanna,
    I hope all is well with you... Sending warm summer wishes.
    Love and blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete